What are React and Native?
On the other hand, when we talk about native apps they are developed platform-specific. This gives native apps complete control over the operating system features and its hardware like camera, GPS, etc. which makes them faster while their execution giving a good experience to the user while using the native apps.
React is the latest and the most efficient cross-platform development framework used for the android and iOS app development. In which some of the famous apps include Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Walmart and more. But in many other applications, the developers choose the native above to react framework because of its good performance and AR/VR technology. React and native are very useful in developing android and iOS apps though both of the frameworks have their pros and cons.
The pros and cons of React
Now, when you have an idea what is React let us discuss its benefit and yes some drawbacks as well.
The pros of react framework are:
- Saving money and time by developing code which can run on both Android and Ios operating systems saves almost about 50% of the budget
- It is reliable and preferred by most industries experts
- React has different features like ready made component(modules), live reload, etc. which makes your coding for iOS and android app development easy and flexible.
The cons of React framework:
- Although it has a big variety of APIs there are few important APIs that are not yet exposed to react applications.
- Some complex applications may require native modules in its code.
- There are sometimes design issues and you need to rewrite some code to let the app execute correctly in both the operating system separately.
- React was recently developed in the year 2015 and thus it has a small community of contributors and limited third-party libraries.
The pros and cons of native
The given benefits and drawbacks will summarize why developers sometimes choose Native over React framework and certainly sometimes not.
The pros of the native framework:
- Native is easy to code and supports all APIs
- While we need to develop native apps we can use Java or Kotlin for Android and Swift or Objective-C for iOS and the coding can be done easily based on one platform.
- With the modules built-in native framework it is easy to make even the complex application effortlessly
- It has a large community and open source resources that help you solve your app queries easily
The cons of the native framework:
- It is time-consuming as an app developer needs to make separate code for android and iOS operating systems.
- Due to zero cross-platform application developers with completely different skillset might be needed. This increases the cost of development significantly
Is React to the future of app development?
Earlier when a company needed to develop a mobile app it was required to develop two apps natively for Android and iOS using a native framework but now because of react, the developer needs to concentrate on building only one app that runs efficiently on both of the operating systems.
As discussed, react has helped in prominent, low-cost, and flexible cross-platform app development it has become the choice of the developers. Its future seems bright with its high demand in the market and it also decreases the development efforts
With our highly professional React developers we can help you build the best mobile applications. Having said that native framework has its applicability and we help our clients to build native apps as well. It’s all based on client requirement and accordingly, we recommend and support app development.